Friday, March 9, 2012

Broken Furnaces Suck!

So yesterday my furnace broke. Figures.


Wait, it gets better: I don't get a new one till Monday.


And even better: the fireplace was being strange and blowing out every ten seconds.


That last problem has been fixed though.


Anyway, the house is about sixty degrees and the only desirable rooms to be in are the living room (with the fireplace) and my bedroom, where I can shut the door, turn on a portable heater, and wrap myself in blankets to stave off the cold air.




Ah well. It's not so bad really. At least winter's pretty much over, so it's not below freezing. Yet.


In other news, I finished two YHMH songs in two days. That's written, recorded, mixed, mastered, all by myself, all in two days. TWO. I'm proud of myself. They're pretty good songs too.


Hope y'all have a great weekend!


-YHMH

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. That is a shame that your furnace broke at the most inopportune time. Furnaces are essential for keeping your house warm in the winter time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A broken furnace in the middle of the cold season is bad. But it's good that the fireplace has been fixed immediately, so that was subtracted from your worries, and it also provided heat when you most needed it. To make sure that your furnace would stay in good condition, make sure to have it consistently maintained.
    Harris Aire Serv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cory! What you shared were the things I avoid from happening in our house. It's hard to deal with heating problems simultaneously especially during cold days. Its been a year now, and I hope you've repaired your furnace already. Just maintain it regularly to prevent it from breaking down again. :)

    Shelley Coday @ CandCheat.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a year now, and I really hope you've got a new furnace already. Winter is coming again, and I'm sure you prefer to not freeze during those days. Hehe! How are you now? Guess it's time to check your furnace and heating systems soon in preparation for the cold weather. :)

    Christine Allred @ QualityHeating.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Furnace always deceives you on the wrong time. Heating and Cooling Toronto
    Its better to get it checked by some authentic mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! calgary duct cleaning

    ReplyDelete